For our friends back home who may be wondering, how we get mail? Well, when we first got here we went down to the friendly Mail Boxes Etc office. They offer a few different packages for mail forwarding , prices are based on various amounts of mail in weight. There are 5 different choices ranging from $28.00-for 2 kilos (4.4lbs.) per month,to $131.00-for 16 kilos (35ish lbs.) per month. Here is the list of what the monthly fee includes…
1.P.O. box and physical address in Miami
2. Monthly weight for incoming and out coming mail
3. No minimum weight applicable for documents and packages
4. Monthly weight applicable for documents and packages
5. Process of the items in Miami (sorting and bar-code tracking sysstem).
6. Mail and packages available in approximately 3-4 working days.
7. E-mail notification
8. Mail check by phone
9. Shipping and handling from Miami to Boquete
10. Customs procedures (CIF value up to $2,000.00)
11. No volume weight charges
12. Insurance up to US $ 1,500.00
So we now have an address in Miami and it’s actually a Mailboxes Etc office, where they then forward our mail ,( which shouldn’t be much given the fact that we’ve changed most everything important to paperless statements and bills) to the MBE office here in Boquete and we go pick it up. Easy Breezy. I was naturally prompted to write about this because we are about to make good use of this service given the sad fact that Scott’s brand new Dell laptop just died!! Yep the hard drive crashed yesterday, GRRRRR! He spent a bunch of time on the phone with the IT people and they are mailing him a new hard drive. Our fingers are crossed that this mail forwarding service works well and that we receive our new hard drive without any issues. It has already arrived in Miami and should be here sometime next week. Meanwhile, I am having to share my precious iPad with Scott who is very grudgingly using it . He just doesn’t have to same admiration as I do for my trusty Apple products. Although you can be sure I have pointed out the fact that none of my trusty Apple products have crashed! Ha! Big smile right here! 🙂